The SERVE Nazareth volunteer program connects Christians from around the world with ministries in Jesus’ hometown.
You can join this exciting and fulfilling endeavor!
SERVE Nazareth is flexible and designed to fit into any schedule. Our year-round program can be 1 to 6 months and is suitable for anyone desiring to serve. Our 12-week summer program is ideal for students and internships.
For 2017, we’ve added the “SERVE & SEE” option!
Do you have a heart to SERVE and also want to SEE the Holy Land? As part of a Christian charity serving in Nazareth for over 150 years, SERVE & SEE has the perfect opportunity for you. SERVE & SEE is for those who have limited time available, want to SERVE the community of Nazareth and SEE Biblical sites.
As a SERVE volunteer, you’ll make lifelong friends while you support local ministries in practical ways. Whatever your skills or interests, there is a place for you! As a SEE’er you’ll tour a new Biblical site each week. Sail the Sea of Galilee, walk the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem, explore ancient sites and make Jesus’ hometown your own. You’ll leave a bit of your heart behind!
With 2, 3 or 4-week options, you can choose a timescale to suit you and the places you want to see. If you enjoy adventure, you can travel independently, making this a flexible and action packed experience.
2 Weeks – Oct. 30 – Nov. 12
· Sea of Galilee excursion including the Mount of the Beatitudes, the Jordan River and Cana of Galilee where Jesus turned water into wine.
· Jerusalem excursion to the Mount of Olives and the garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed on the night before his arrest. Then, walk the famous Via Dolorosa (Way of the Cross), following in Jesus’ footsteps as he bore the cross to Calvary for his crucifixion and burial.
3 Weeks = Oct. 30 – Nov. 19
· Haifa excursion to Elijah’s cave at Mount Carmel and Muhraqa, the prophet Elijah confronted the prophets of Baal. Spend some shekels in the unique atmosphere of a Druze village and dip your toes in the Mediterranean Sea!
4 Weeks = Oct. 30 – Nov. 26
· Dead Sea – excursion to the planet’s lowest point to experience incredible buoyancy in the saltwater, explore King David’s oasis of Ein Gedi, and travel through the mountainous Judean Desert and visit the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered.
Price includes accommodation, meals, airport transfers and excursions.
· maintenance work or gardening
· as a nurse’s aid in the Nazareth Hospital
· play the part of a first century villager at Nazareth Village
· help kids learn English in a local school
· join our Chaplaincy Team for visits and prayer
There are always new ways to use your unique skills & talents, just talk to us!