Periodically, NPI organizes a tour to Nazareth, Jerusalem and other historical sites in Israel and Palestine. One important aspect of the tour is to visit the Nazareth Hospital, the Nazareth Hospital School of Nursing and Nazareth Village. This is followed by travel to other parts of Galilee, the West Bank, Jerusalem and many other sites near Jerusalem.
NPI works with a North-American travel company to plan the international travel bookings and to arrange local transportation, lodging and tour guides via a Palestinian-owned tour company in Jerusalem.
Nazareth Project trip will include the 2019 Nazareth Challenge:
Bike Ride and Jesus Trail Hike
Nazareth Project (NPI) is arranging group travel and three days of touring in Israel in conjunction with the Jesus Trail hike and the Cycle the Three Seas bike ride sponsored by Nazareth Trust, (owner of Nazareth Hospital and Nazareth School of Nursing).
The NPI travel and tour package [pre and post the ride and hike] will be March 8 – 19, 2019. Tour group members will choose between the bike ride or the Jesus Trail hike.
International Travel arranged for NPI by Raptim Humanitarian Travel. Fly from JFK to Tel Aviv via Istanbul on Turkish Airlines.
Outbound: Leave JFK at 1:15 pm on March 8; arrive Istanbul at 7:05 am (March 9); leave Istanbul at 10:10 am and arrive Tel Aviv at 11:20 am [total trip time: 15 hours, 5 minutes]
Return flights: Leave Tel Aviv at 1:00 am on March 19; arrive Istanbul at 4:10 am; leave Istanbul at 8:15 am and arrive JFK 12:35 pm [total trip time: 17 hours 35 minutes]
Nazareth Trust-sponsored fundraising events: Annually, these events provide participants with delightful, memorable group experiences while also raising support for special projects at Nazareth Hospital.
“Cycle the 3 Seas” bike ride: March 10 – 16, 2019: The 220-mile ride will begin in Tel Aviv and end in Nazareth. The route will go from the Mediterranean Sea to the Dead Sea to the Galilee Sea (Lake). Cost for all equipment, guides, food and lodging is $1150. A deposit of $350 is requested by August 31.
Jesus Trail hike: March 11 – 16, 2019: The 40-mile hike will follow the Jesus Trail leaving Nazareth and returning to Nazareth. The cost for support, food and lodging is $550. A deposit of $200 is requested by August 31.
Fundraising: The Nazareth Challenge hike and bike ride events are to raise funds for a special project at Nazareth Hospital. Riders and hikers are encouraged to invite friends, family, and church family to support fundraising for the special project. NPI will furnish tax receipts to all US donors who contribute.
Recommended levels of fundraising are:
- Bike ride: $2,800
- Hike: $1,400
NPI touring before and after the hike/ride: Travel, lodging and guides provided for NPI by Net Tours, a well-established and reputable Palestinian Christian tour company.
- March 9 (Saturday): After arrival in Tel Aviv the group will visit Caesarea Maritima enroute to Nazareth
- March 10-16: Tour group members will participate in either the bike ride or the Jesus Trail hike
- March 16 (Saturday): After the closing breakfast the group will travel to Jerusalem. Stops on the way to Jerusalem will include:
- Beth Shean
- Nablus/Jacob’s well
- A traditional Palestinian lunch (Musakhan) will served at the West Bank Town of Sabastia
- Dinner and overnight and at The Ambassador Hotel Jerusalem
- March 17 (Sunday): The itinerary will include (as time allows):
- Temple Mount
- Western Wall
- Southern Steps
- Mount of Olives/Palm Sunday Route/Church of All Nations
- Peter in Gallicantu
- Lunch on your own
- Shrine of the Book
- Model of Jerusalem
- Yad Vashem
- Dinner and overnight at Ambassador Hotel Jerusalem
- March 18 (Monday): The itinerary will include (as time allows):
- Pools of Bethesda
- Via Dolorosa
- Church of Holy Sepulcher
- Lunch at Grotto Restaurant Bethlehem (not included in tour price)
- Shepherds’ Fields
- Church of Nativity
- Bethlehem Co-op Shopping
- Garden Tomb
- Ambassador Hotel room available into evening for clean up and packing
- 9 pm transfer to Tel Aviv airport
- March 19: (Tuesday): depart to US at 1:00 am
- Additional cost for the part of the trip not included with bike/hike expenses: $2,280. This includes international flights, local transportation, tour guide, 3 nights of accommodation in Jerusalem, 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners included, gratuities.
For more information or if you have questions please contact Howard Good at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 717-475-8737.