Nazareth Project supports the healing ministry of Nazareth Hospital and the educational ministry of Nazareth School of Nursing. Financially, NPI supports expansion or renovation projects at the Hospital and scholarships for nursing students.
NPI supporters also provide financial support for spiritual care provided by the Hospital Chaplaincy. NPI has a special dedicated fund for Spiritual Care at Nazareth Hospital.
Nazareth Trust’s Spiritual Director leads initiatives with patients, staff, visitors and the community to enhance the Trust’s Christian identify and witness across all entities. This includes:
- Operating an effective pastoral care program for staff, students, patients and their families and volunteers.
- Implementing an annual “Health and Healing” week that highlights the integration of clinical and spiritual dimensions of health care.
- Seeking to become a just and forgiving community (JFC) in collaboration with the International Forgiveness Institute.
- Transforming the organisational culture to one that reflects Christian values in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing the Christian life and witness program of Nazareth Trust including corporate worship, study days, discipleship and spiritual care training and education, and staff spiritual retreats.